You may love it, hate it but can’t ignore it! And, no other than Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) justifies it better.
Despite all the hullabaloo, hue and cry against the world’s largest social media platform in that led detail clarification by Mark Zuckerberg recently, internet users stayed glued with it. Facebook Q4 2018 financial result is out and, boy, what a quarter it has turned out to be for the social media titan.
Facebook not only beat the market expectations in terms of revenue but also added more users despite all the uproar and reports claiming people have started dumping Facebook. No wonder, investors are more confident in the leadership of Mark Zuckerberg. Consequently, the share of Facebook soared 6% after the company announced its financial results for Q4 2018.
Let’s quickly have a look of the main highlights of Facebook’s Q4 2018 performance:
- Facebook posted $16.91 billion in Q4 2018, beating market expectations.
- Facebook’s revenue in Q4 2018 increased 30.4% from the year-ago quarter.
- Facebook revenue by region once again highlights Facebook’s dependency on the US & Canada region.
- Over 98% of Facebook’s total revenue in Q4 2018 came from Advertising.
- Facebook’s advertising revenue in Q4 2018 was $16.64 billion, a 30.2% YoY increase.
- Nearly 50% of Facebook’s advertising revenue, $8.25 billion, came from the US & Canada region alone.
- Facebook net profit in Q4 2018 clocked $6.88 billion.
- Facebook Monthly Active Users (MAUs) swell to 2.32 billion.
- Facebook Daily active users (DAUs) were 1.52 billion.
- Once again, the APAC region drove the growth with 577 million DAUs.
- Mobile advertising revenue of Facebook increased to $15.5 billion, resulting in a 36% YoY growth.
- Facebook’s mobile advertising revenue accounts for 93% of the company’s total Advertising revenue.
- Facebook’s revenue from Payments & Other Services was just $274 million.
- The worldwide Facebook ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) increased significantly to $7.32 in Q4 2018, from $6.18 in the year-ago quarter.
- Facebook’s ‘family of apps’ is being used by 2.7 billion worldwide. Over 2 billion people were active daily.
- The count of Facebook’s active advertisers also crossed 7 million in Q4 2018.
- Over 90 million smart businesses use Facebook products.
- The number of Daily active users of Instagram Stories crossed 500 million in Q4 2018.
The eye-popping performance of Facebook left many surprised, considering all the allegations and criticism faced by Facebook in the recent time.
“In the past couple of years, a lot of our business challenges has been self-imposed,” acknowledged Zuckerberg.
He also said that to correct course, Facebook has had to make investments in safety, security and privacy that both increased Facebook’s cost and in some cases, reduce our revenues.