People across the globe are spending more time on Internet these days. 37.3% of Global population is on Internet now. Apart from developed countries like USA and China, developing countries like India is witnessing significant growth in number of active internet users that has already crossed 150 million in early 2013. Social Media has played a vital role in Internet growth, Facebook to be precise. With 1.1 billion+ registered users, 850+ active ones out of which, Facebook is consuming maximum global internet bandwidth beating all other online properties.
In recent time, Social Media has been accused of being addictive than Alcohol. However, the post-addictive effects of social media is also resembling in users behaving like psychopaths, according to the new examination, done by WhoIsHostingThis.com
The infographic reveals few surprising facts, raising questions on social media users who are testing 4 main traits of psychopaths – untruthfulness, disconnection, pathological and insincerity. Few important findings are:
- 20% social media users were found untruthful about holidays on their job.
- 51% respondents said they check social network sites at dinner.
- 2 in 5 users spend more time being social over Internet than offline.
- 42% of social media users were victims of Cyber Bullying.
- 25% social media users faced difficulties in their relationship because of “controversial online behavior”.