This infographic speaks about the elapsed, disappearing or fading social media sites which once showed off its best and now considered as out-dated and few which died after couple of days after birth and few lacked immunity to rivals.
Orkut the social media site which once bloomed is considered as out-dated now, along with some sites like MySpace, Friendster, and Digg which were once all ready to fight in this social war are now dead and resting in peace.
Why Users Failed These Social Sites:
Though, there would be many who may not stand by the list below, but there are enough reasons and justifications that tagged below networks a failed initiatives:
- Poor environment led to poor user experience.
- It showed a preview of songs for only 30 seconds and tedious steps to “share” music killed user experience.
- Poor online social experience and the online search queries over time decreased dramatically since Jan 2011.
- It entirely leveraged on the users of Google mail and did not make enough effort to draw attention of other internet users.
- It was too slow to use, said Americans.
- It failed to show up user’s profiles on Google search.
- It could not sustain in the war of competition was its major cause to fail.
- It was known to be the fastest news aggregator at time but later rivals like Facebook and Twitter ended up showing faster and quality info to users.
- Even this poor thing did not have enough dosage of antibiotics to fight its rivals (Facebook and Twitter).
- Users could not invite friends using email id’s.
Google+ secured the second best position with 25% market share against Facebook impressed 51% of global internet users on monthly basis. Will this change the fate of Google+?
Take a sneak peak at the infographic for more idea on this,