If you have anything to do with social media marketing for businesses, it’s important to treat every channel to best of its potential. However, many marketers fail to understand the true potential of each social network and keep rubbing each one of it with equal force, and finally fall short to goals. Therefore, its important to understand the right-fit network for your industry and how marketers can best use that network to ensure maximum awareness, exposer, generate leads, drive traffic to website and, ultimately, convert all such digital juice into business.
While Facebook remains the most preferred choice for majority of marketers, number of other social networks is increasingly poplar, including Linkedin Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+.
The below infographoc from Top Web Design School showcases a veritable smorgasbord of data exposing ‘how’ and ‘why’ companies are adopting different flavors of social media marketing. Few of the important highlights are:
- 79% marketers have integrated social media into their traditional marketing activities.
- While 92% of these marketers are leveraging upon Facebook, 49% believe Facebook is the single most important social platform that must be adopted at first.
- 89% marketers/companies are investing into social media marketing with a prime objective to increase brand awareness.
- Surprisingly, less than half of companies are focusing targeting to increase sales via social media marketing.
- 6 hours a week investment on social media is enough to increase expose of business. However, 62% companies, who spend 40+ hours a week, earned new business through their social media marketing efforts.
- However, only one-forth of companies are able to measure the ROI of their social media efforts investment.
- As majority of developing countries are facing infrastructure evolution, adoption of video content is growing hand-to-hand. Consequently, 69% marketers are willing to focus more on YouTube and Facebook for their marketing needs.