Most businesses still rely on their legacy on-site business phone systems for all of their communications, using a PBX (public branch exchange). There is nothing inherently wrong with these systems, except that they were designed to be used by a different calibre of business.
Ten years ago, employees were tied to their desktop PC and their land lines, now we have remote workers dialling into your network, video conferencing, laptops, mobile phones and tablets. Work is no longer relegated to ‘9 to 5’, because with the increased use of mobile devices and faster internet speeds, employees can work anywhere, anytime.
The problem is that with a land-based communication system you are still relying on analogue lines, even if you upgrade to an ISDN, which uses digital signals. The cloud, however, offers increased efficiency, reduced costs, and a vastly improved communications network for your business. By 2018, 62% of CRM will be cloud based and cloud computing market is estimated to reach $127.5 billion. This clearly indicates that businesses are understanding the value benefits of being on the cloud and shifting their tools, software and legacy systems on the cloud to reap the benefits like never before.
5 Benefits of Using A Cloud Based Phone System For Your Business
There are 5 solid reasons why you should be taking advantage of the latest technology and moving to a cloud-based PBX system for all of your business communications.
- Reduced hardware: You no longer need the back office servers and a PBX taking up valuable space. So upfront costs are reduced, maintenance costs are eliminated, and your IT staff can focus on other areas of your business, rather than fixing an outdated system.
- Increased mobility: Wherever your staff have an internet connection, they can easily access your network. So they can send and answer emails and faxes, join video conferences, and make calls anywhere in the world, at any time of the day. This gives your business a massive increase in mobility, allowing you to take advantage of new working conditions and expanding your business into other growth areas.
- Disaster recovery: When you use the cloud, you no longer have to pay for on-site or off-site backup systems in case of a disaster occurring. With a cloud-based system, there are numerous redundancies built into the system, so that if there are any problems with one server – others automatically take up the slack, keeping your business online and making money. Not only this but if you have a disaster in your building, which completely destroys your physical assets, all of your data is safely stored in the cloud and ready for instant downloading.
- Cost efficient: Not having to purchase in-house servers, maintain and upgrade them is a huge saving for any business. You not only save money by not purchasing hardware, but by working with hosted PBX providers, you also save by not buying and licencing software that you might only use intermittently because you can access whatever software you need in the cloud and only pay for what you use.
- Generate revenue: With a cloud based phone system, you can easily compete with the biggest international companies on the same level. This is first, because of the cost savings you will make, so you can refocus this money into other growth areas of your business. Second, your sales teams can work much more efficiently, generating more revenue with increased sales.
So if you want to gain an edge on the competition, it simply makes sense to investigate a cloud phone for your business.