Apple Inc. (AAPL) Failed With iPhone 5C? Foxconn To Cease Production!

Must Read

Many didn’t buy the statement that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) may face a fierce market response towards the iPhone 5C when the company first introduced it back in September this year. Apparently, two months since launch, the sales figures of iPhone 5C are not showing any signs of redemption for Apple.  And, that could be one of the prime reasons, Foxconn, the largest of the iPhone manufacturers, has decided to cease the production of a low-cost iPhone 5C, claims the Taiwanese publication DigiTimes.

However, the decision to suspend the iPhone 5C production is not going to affect Foxconn’s rapport with Apple as they were responsible for only 30% of the total iPhone 5C production. While the remaining 70% is being handled by Apple’s other production partner Pegatron Technology.

Apple iPhone 5C

The report didn’t reveal the name but cited an unnamed industry source. This has resulted in a debate over Apple’s decision to introduce the iPhone 5C without any significant difference in price, specification and performance between the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. According to the Boston-based Localytics, the iPhone 5S was 3.5 times more popular than iPhone 5C in its first week of availability across the U.S. Besides the Consumer Intelligence Research Partner claimed to AllThingsD that the iPhone 5S accounted for 64% of all new iPhone sales while the iPhone 5C failed by attracting just 27% of new iPhone users.


The gap in sales clearly states how Apple has been struggling with the iPhone 5C since launch. In fact despite of the failed defence by Tim Cook, the iPhone 5C sales are showing no signs of improvement when it comes to sales figures.

Apple never accepted the fact that the iPhone 5C is originally developed to crack the jinx amongst developing countries, especially in Asia. But a recent report from Gartner has disappointed Apple and has claimed that the iPhone 5C is too highly priced for India – the second largest mobile country by number of subscribers. The biggest reason behind such a failure is the price difference between the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S, and the self-establishment of Sales and Support centers by Samsung – an arch-rival of Apple.

In spite of being the second largest mobile country by subscribers, Apple is yet to venture into the Indian market directly and deals via Resellers for all of its Sales and Support activities, which is resulting in hesitation among people to pay a premium price and remain on the mercy of resellers who are able to handle only level 1 support. And, it does make sense.

The worldwide sales of mobile phones are expected to touch 1.8 billion in 2013 and all major mobile vendors, including Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei and LG, are focused on Smartphones, contributing maximum to the sales. However, Apple’s disappointing performance, which continued in Q3 2013, is a serious concern and the iPhone maker must strategize the company’s price policies in the right direction to secure a sizeable share of the largest Smartphone markets – China and India.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

5 Common IT Infrastructure Management Issues You Must Resolve Today!

Your IT infrastructure supports your entire operation, but there are many struggles departments have difficulty identifying and...

TikTok Oracle Deal: No Technology Transfer, No Ownership, Rest All Is Fine

The brouhaha around TikTok and the US administration simply refuses to subside. In the ensuing see-saw of developments, ByteDance...

Tesla in Making Moves To Have Presence In India: Scope Of Electric Vehicles In The Country

The wait for seeing Tesla in India may get over soon. Indian citizens can now brace themselves for soon being able to...

Android Users Beware: Your 2FA Code Can Be Stolen By Hackers Now

If you are someone who makes use of two-factor authentication, aka 2FA, to add that extra layer of security on logins and...

Ajit Doval Bears Down On Digital Payment Platforms in India

The grass really isn’t always greener on the other side. With the hoopla and convenience that Digital Payment platforms in India have...

Facebook Spying On Instagram Users Through Camera: Claims A Recent Lawsuit

When it comes to privacy, the Mark Zuckerberg led social media behemoth Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) always manages to land itself in...

In-Depth: Dprime

Will ‘TikTok By Microsoft’ Be A Winner?

For the last two years, TikTok has been in the public eye for all sorts of reasons. First, it was the exploded...

Facebook Subscription Model: Looking Beyond Ad Dollars?

Seldom do job listings create a stir this gripping. However, when the job listing in question is a stealth post from Twitter,...

Will The Online Food Delivery Market in India End Up Becoming A Two-Horse Race?

It's pretty much evident that the food delivery space in India is all set to get riled up soon enough as one...

More Articles Like This