Its official! The Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 5C and 5S are out. Today, Apple launched both its models at its headquarters in California.
Here are the specs and features you’ve waiting for:
Apple iPhone 5C
- Processor Type: A6 Processor
- Display Type: Retina
- Operation System: iOS 7
- Camera: 8MP
- Colors: Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink and White
- Build Material: Hard-coated polycarbonate
- FaceTime Audio
- Upto 100Mbps download
- Supports more LTE bands than any other smartphone in the world.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0.
- FaceTime HD camera on the front
- Price: 16GB at $99; 32GB at $199 (with 2-year contract)
- Price (without contract): 16GB at $549, 32GB at $649
Apple iPhone 5S
- Processor: 64-bit A7 processor
- Operating System: iOS 7 64-bit
- Color: Slate, Gold & Silver
- Battery Life: 3G talk time: 10 Hours. LTE browsing: 10 Hour. Stand By: 250Hours
- Touch ID – Fingerprint Scanner
- HD video at 720p at 120FPS.
- New burst mode — 10 frames per second.
- 28MP Panorama
- Price: 16GB at $199; 32GB at $299; 64GB at $399 (with 2-year contract)
- Price (without contract): 16GB at $649, 32GB at $749, 64GB at $849
Sadly, no giant screen on any of these. Doesn’t look like a requirement either, with these feature updates.
The iOS 7 will be available for download on 18th Sept for iPhone 4, 4S and iPad. Pre-order is open from 13th Sept for the iPhone 5C. Both the phones will be available for purchase by 20th Sept.
Looks like Apple disappointed developing markets like India with its over-hyped pricing of the iPhone 5C variant.