The above graph represents the monthly distribution of the world’s top 10 tablet browser market share. Chrome, Safari, Android Browser, UC Browser, Opera, etc. are the world’s most popular table browsers. Interestingly, the world’s top 3 tablet browsers are currently dominating the market with 96.81% share, leaving 9 browsers to compete for the remaining 3.19% of the market. Not surprisingly, Google’s Chrome browser is beating the competition at almost every turn.

RegionWorldwide
SourceNetMarketShare.com
Last Updated20 August 2019
Graph ID436
DurationMay 2016 – July 2019

With 55.35% share, Google Chrome is the world’s widely used browser on tablet devices as of July 2019. That’s a significant YoY increase from July 2018 when Chrome market share on tablets was 43.31%.

On the other hand, Safari is the world’s second most popular tablet browser with 36.08% market share as of July 2019. However, Apple’s Safari browser is constantly losing its share on the global tablet browser market. In May 2016, Safari accounted for a whopping 63.29% share of the worldwide tablet browser market, which declined to 47.98% in May 2018. It was the first time in November 2018 when Chrome surpassed Safari in terms of tablet browser market share.

Android Browser remained the world’s third most popular tablet browser with 5.38% market share as of July 2019. This is a notable decline from the previous month when the Android Browser captured 7.09% share of the market.

Similarly, the UC Browser continues to be the 4th widely used table browser in the world. On a global basis, the UC Browser’s share on tablet devices remained 1% for the last 2 years. Annually, the share increased from 1.02% in July 2018 to 1.03% in July 2019.

Rest, Opera, Opera Mini, Yandex, Firefox, Baidu and QQ have less than 1% share in the global

About Web Browsers: Additional Information

A web browser is a software application that people use for accessing the information on the World Wide Web (www). The popular web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Edge, etc.

The world’s first web browser – WorldWideWeb (later renamed to Nexus) – was created in 1990 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. However, it was discontinued in 1994.

On August 16, 1995, Microsoft released Internet Explorer, which soon became the world’s widely used web browser across all platforms. In fact, due to its immense popularity, the market share of Internet Explorer browser even peaked at over 95% in 2002. However, its usage of Microsoft IE started declining slowly after the launch of Firefox in 2004 and Google Chrome in 2008.

Currently, Google Chrome is the world’s most used web browser across all platforms such as desktop/laptop, mobile, and tablet.

Apple released Safari browser on January 7, 2003. Safari comes as the default browser on all Apple devices including iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, etc.


The above graph is a part of Dazeinfo GraphFarm – the most trusted source of hundreds of thousands of market graphs. Our team of researchers mines millions of data points every month to bring the most updated and validated set of data points representing the comprehensive view in a graphical format. From mobile to e-commerce, from Retail to healthcare, from startups to SMEs we have carefully designed thousands of graphs for those who value and understand the importance of data visualisation.

Paid Listing