Home GraphFarm Mobile Browser Market Share Worldwide by Month

Mobile Browser Market Share Worldwide by Month

The below graph represents the monthly distribution of the mobile browser market share worldwide by month, starting from January 2009 to the recently completed month. Interestingly, the world's top 3 mobile browsers are currently dominating approximately 92.95% of the market, leaving other browsers to compete for the remaining 7.05% of the market.

0
686
Mobile Browser Market Share Worldwide by Month
More Actionable Insights

The above graph represents the monthly distribution of the mobile browser market share worldwide by month, starting from January 2009 to the recently completed month. The world’s most popular mobile browsers include Google Chrome, Safari, Samsung Internet, UC Browser, Opera, Android Browser, etc. Interestingly, the top 3 mobile browsers are currently dominating approximately 92.95% of the market, leaving other browsers to compete for the remaining 7.05% of the global mobile browsing market.

World’s Top 10 Mobile Browsers by Market Share: In-Depth

RegionWorldwide
SourceStatCounter
Graph ID512
DurationJan 2009 – June 2020

According to the StatCounter, Chrome accounted for a whopping 63.42% of the total mobile browser market worldwide as of June 2020. That’s nearly 2.9 percent point increase from June 2019 when about Chrome browser market share stood at 60.52%.

Apple’s Safari browser is the world’s second widely used mobile browser, runs only on Apple devices (iPhones, iPads, Mac). The market share of Safari increased 2.86 percent point, from 20.12% in June 2019 to 22.98% in June 2020.

With a 6.55% market share, Samsung Internet is the world’s third most popular browser for mobile devices as of June 2020. Samsung Internet is a mobile web browser for smartphones and tablets developed by Samsung Electronics only. January 2019 was the first time when Samsung Internet overtook UC browser in terms of market share.

Surprisingly, UC browser market share declined a notable 2.52 percent point YoY and 0.15 percent point M-o-M in April 2020. Now UC browser runs on only 3.49% of all mobile devices, worldwide.

Opera, once ruled the worldwide mobile browser market, now has only 1.29% share. In the last 10 years (between April 2010 and April 2020), Opera browser market share on mobile devices declined from 26.14% to just 1.29%.

The usage of other mobile browsers such as Nokia, Blackberry, Android, etc. declined over the last 10 years.

About Web Browsers: Additional Information

A web browser is a software application that people use for accessing the information on the World Wide Web (www). The popular web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Edge, etc.

The world’s first web browser – WorldWideWeb (later renamed to Nexus) – was created in 1990 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. However, it was discontinued in 1994.

On August 16, 1995, Microsoft released Internet Explorer, which soon became the world’s widely used web browser across all platforms. In fact, due to its immense popularity, the market share of Internet Explorer browser even peaked at over 95% in 2002. However, its usage of Microsoft IE started declining slowly after the launch of Firefox in 2004 and Google Chrome in 2008.

Currently, Google Chrome is the world’s most used web browser across all platforms such as desktop/laptop, mobile, and tablet.

Apple released Safari browser on January 7, 2003. Safari comes as the default browser on all Apple devices including iPhones, iPads, Macbooks, etc.


The above graph is a part of Dazeinfo GraphFarm – the most trusted source of hundreds of thousands of market graphs. Our team of researchers mines millions of data points every month to bring the most updated and validated set of data points representing the comprehensive view in a graphical format. From mobile to e-commerce, from Retail to healthcare, from startups to SMEs we have carefully designed thousands of graphs for those who value and understand the importance of data visualisation.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here