World’s largest professional network LinkedIn has announced that company has reached to 10 million members mark in India today. Globally, LinkedIn has more than 100 million members worldwide and most of them are related to some form of I.T. industry. Just last month LinkedIn has witnessed the enormous success through its IPO which valued the company worth $8 billion.
LinkedIn started its operations in India in 2009 and in two years of time it has found massive traction among people. Whole first Year Company focused on understanding professionals in India and educating members to leverage LinkedIn for career development.
“We have focused our efforts on creating a great user experience for our members, which helps them understand the power of their professional network in developing their own professional brand.,” said Hari V. Krishnan, country manager of LinkedIn India. “As our members here continue to use LinkedIn for everything, from networking and gaining business insights to business development & jobs, we are committed to being the exchange which connects talent to opportunity in India.”
LinkedIn was first launched on May 5, 2003 by Reid Hoffman, Allen Blue, Jean, Eric Ly and Konstantin. In last 9 years company has extended its operations in 200 countries. LinkedIn currently has more than 1000 employees across the globe and recorded $161 million as revenue by September 2010.
Here are couples of interesting facts about LinkedIn members in India which may surprise you enough:
- Top 10 surnames on LinkedIn include are Kumar, Singh, Sharma, Gupta, Jain, Shah, Patel, Mishra, Reddy and Yadav
- Top 10 industries on LinkedIn are Information Technology and Services, Computer Software, Telecommunications, Financial Services, Education Management, Banking, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics and Accounting
- 16105 professionals listed the term ‘social media’ in their profiles
- 19027 people in Indian listed ‘bollywood’, ‘hollywood’ or ‘film’ in their LinkedIn profile
- 762 Indian professionals listed ‘yoga’ and 2587 professionals listed ‘ayurveda’ in their job title
- 4% of members in India put the word ‘owner’ in their title