Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) are the top five tech giants that have been instrumental in shaping the global IT industry worth trillions of dollars today. Each one of these has the credit of creating hundreds of thousands of jobs worldwide by nurturing fresh skilled manpower. And, each one of these companies is also sitting on over hundreds of billion dollar valuation today. Collectively, these five tech majors are worth $2.9 trillion.
Have you ever thought how these companies generate billions of dollars in revenues by each passing year?
Revenue of Top Tech Giants In 2016
Definitely, it’s not rocket science to know that each of these tech giants has a suite of offerings that attract tens of billions of dollars in revenues every quarter. However, there is always one product/service that contributes the maximum to the overall company’s financial book.
Interestingly, not many of us are aware of the revenue contribution from each product these five tech giants offer.
Folks at Visualcapitalist recently curated revenue figures by product/service wise to come out with an attractive infographic, which highlights some of the surprising facts as well. The data is a bit old but it gives a good enough idea about billion of dollars that each of these companies accumulates every quarter.
- The growth of Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Alphabet (Google) largely depends on the success of one product. Microsoft is the only company which has its revenue equally distributed among top three products.
- Nearly two-thirds of Apple revenue depends on the sales of iPhone.
- Apple, Alphabet and Microsoft report nearly 20% of its revenue as earnings, while Revenue vs Earning ratio is much lower, nearly 1.5%, for Amazon.
- Facebook reports the highest percentage, nearly 36%, of its revenue as earnings.
- Despite recording $136 billion revenue, Amazon’s revenue vs market valuation ratio is the lowest.
Here is the complete infographic that carries many more jaw-dropping figures.