After Jio Platforms, Now JioFiber To Raise Billions In Investment!

Must Read

Windfall! Online Grocery Market In India Looks Set For Purple Patch Ahead

Silver linings are clearly in short supply in the pandemic fuelled world that we have come to...

Apple Store In India: More Of Disappointment Than Excitement?

Apple has started making moves to strengthen its presence in India. With the launch of Apple online...

Facebook’s Chasm Of Distrust: An Ever-Deepening Divide

Facebook, the world's most popular social media platform has failed measurably as it is voted as the...

if you are thinking that Mukesh Ambani is done with the investments in Jio Platforms after making RIL a debt-free, you are highly mistaken. Now India’s richest and world’s fifth-richest person is aiming to attract more investment in JioFiber to make Jio Platforms an asset-lite company, purely focus on digital services and products.

According to Mint, Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is in talks with Reliance Industries Ltd. to invest to the tune of $2 billion in JioFiber that hold the company’s fibre-optic assets.

Two people familiar with the development have claimed that Reliance has hired Citigroup Global Markets, Moelis and Co. and ICICI Securities Ltd as investment bankers for the proposed deal with QIA.

Advertisements

This is not the first time when Reliance is seeking investment for its telecom infrastructure business. Last year, the company raised ₹25,215 crores ($3.7 billion) from Canada’s Brookfield Asset Management as an infrastructure investment trust (InvIT) that holds the company’s tower business.

Last year, Reliance segregated its Fibre network and tower business from telecom subsidiary Reliance Jio Infocomm. The two new entities Jio Digital Fibre Pvt Ltd and Reliance Jio Infratel Pvt Ltd were setup to accelerate the growth of its infrastructure business as well as digital services arm.

Jio plans to retain 15% of tower business, while making the rest 85% available to the investors.

The monetization of the Fibre network business move is being seen as a well-calculated move by Mukesh Ambani to position Jio Platforms as a company purely focused on offering digital services and products. It will also help the company to reduce the cost and provide affordable 5G services to users in India – the market largely driven by price sensitivity. With fresh investment in JioFiber, the company is expected to stay ahead with all the competitors in the market and fuel its plans to offer Jio 5G services as a global offering.

“Jio’s extensive intracity fibre network, last-mile execution, seamless customer experience, along with attractive bundling of digital content and smart home IoT (internet of things) solutions, would be key differentiators,” RIL said in its the annual report released recently.

Mukesh Ambani led Jio platforms has recently attracted over $20 billion in investments in less than 3 months from 13 global investors including tech Facebook, Google, and Qualcomm – the behemoths of the tech industry.

Advertisements

Currently covering 700,000 Kms in India, the company has set the target of 1.1 million Kms with its fiber network in India.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

₹90 Crore Per Hour: That’s What Mukesh Ambani Added To His Wealth During COVID Era

Today the "IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2020" was released and guess who kept maintained his...

Can Tata Super App, With the Backing of Walmart, Take On JioMart?

In August, Tata Group, in a move to likely counter the offerings of the Jio umbrella, declared that they are in the...

The Raining Discounts Are Coming As Flipkart And Amazon Gears Up For Festive Season Sale

The festival season is about to begin and eCommerce majors in India Amazon and Flipkart are aiming to make the most of...

Amazon, Google And Microsoft Are Extreme Angry With TRAI

The big three of the tech industry - Amazon, Microsoft And Google - seems to be quite annoyed. Cloud...

New Android Malware Steals Your Banking Credentials And Let Hackers Access Your Smartphone

If you are an active user of banking apps on your Android smartphone, you must pay close attention to it.

An IT Service Help Desk Is Essential To Drive Business Growth

There's no debate about the fact that an IT service desk, when properly run, leads to both short-term and long-term business growth....

In-Depth: Dprime

Will ‘TikTok By Microsoft’ Be A Winner?

For the last two years, TikTok has been in the public eye for all sorts of reasons. First, it was the exploded...

Facebook Subscription Model: Looking Beyond Ad Dollars?

Seldom do job listings create a stir this gripping. However, when the job listing in question is a stealth post from Twitter,...

Will The Online Food Delivery Market in India End Up Becoming A Two-Horse Race?

It's pretty much evident that the food delivery space in India is all set to get riled up soon enough as one...

More Articles Like This