Apple’s much-awaited annual Worldwide Developer Conference 2019, aka WWDC 2019, kicked off yesterday and will continue till 7th June in San Jose, California. This year Apple has decided to launch new hardware alongside software’s updates. During the first day of the mega event, Apple unveiled iOS 13, iPadOS, Watch OS 6, the all-new modular Mac Pro, tvOS 13 and Pro Display XDR along with many more exciting features.
The excitement and energy of the attendees, who flew to California from different parts of the world, were unprecedented. With so much on the table to know about, the 2.5 hr long event kept people glued to their seats; thanks to the exciting launches that were taking place one after the other.
During the first day of WWDC 2019, Apple introduced separate OS for iPhone, iPad and Watch. While the developer beta of the new software available starting from today, the Public rollout will start in July. Apple has decided to limit the WatchOS6 only to developers and has avoided public beta testers.
Apple’s newly launched iOS 13 would only be running on iPhone SE and models released after that. The iOS 13, aka iPhone OS, comes with some expected features but it also has some surprises to offer. The new Dark Mode to enhance the display, new Photos tools and Swipeable keyboard, Sign-in button for apps and websites, and navigate the world with the new Map are the main highlights of the iOS 13. The OS is faster and highly responsive compared to its predecessor. While Apple has unveiled most of the features that iOS 13 offers but, as always, some more features may be announced in September, alongside the launch of iPhone 11.
The public release of iOS 13 is still months away as Apple has decided to roll it out alongside iPhone 11, which could probably be launched in September this year. But, before you decided to invest in the upcoming iPhones, here are some noteworthy features of iOS 13 you might need to know.
- Dark mode display – iPhone display is now more attractive than ever with this Dark mode. These new mode works system-wide and across all native apps which looks stunning to view especially in dim light environments. What is more exciting is that the third party app developer can integrate the dark mode in their own apps too.
- Portrait lighting effect for photos, video rotation – The new Portrait lighting will enhance the photos by making your skin look smoother. Besides, the lighting is adjustable according to your needs. Videos captured through iPhone powered with iOS 13 can be rotated after the recording. Indeed, it is a much-needed feature in a situation when a video is recorded in the wrong direction.
Photos editing has become more spontaneous and extensive with new tools easier to apply, adjust, and review at glance. Effects can easily be changed with just a swipe which allows smartphone users to become more creative with images. Photos are more organized in iOS 13. Users can find the best images and photos of events from the past day, month or year.
- Private sign with Apple – Now no need of email id and password to log in to Apple accounts and apps. This feature enhances the security of users’ personal information, especially with third-party apps. Using the Apple Sign-in button, iOS app users can choose to stay anonymous as it will use iPhone and iPad to authenticate users’ credentials.
- Siri voice change – Siri gets a voice update in the new iOS 13. After the enhancement, Siri’s responses provide a more natural feeling and is quite smother compared to the robotic voice. It will speak with fewer gaps and non-human modulations with the help of AI. Other features, like a personalized shortcut, instant response to messages, one tap movie sharing, handoff a phone call or music from your iPhone to your HomePod, and integration with Carplay to open your garage door when you get close to home, seems to be interesting enough for iPhone users.
- Maps got more exciting- Apple has upgraded its Map a lot to make it more user-friendly without affecting the privacy of its users. It covers more areas than before besides covering more lands and areas.
There are a number of other features and enhancements that Apple has introduced with iOS 13. Notes, Reminders, Smart Lists and Health are some of the apps which are upgraded to offer exciting features to iPhone users.