And yet again Forbes is back with its list of ‘The World’s Most Powerful People‘. Forbes, an American magazine that publishes articles on technology, communications, science and law; with the highest readership of more than 6 million users have released its 2018 list of ‘The World’s Most Powerful People’.
The list includes people across the world that have made the general population raise their eyes when it came to various fields like Automotive, Economy, Real Estate and Technology. As of April 2018, the number of active internet users count has reached to over 4 billion. With such numbers, we thought why not give our readers a look at who made the list of World’s Top 10 Most Powerful People in the Technology Space. In this article, we will be covering what is it that made these people enter this list and the ranks that Forbes ascribes to them.
World’s Top 10 Most Powerful People In Tech 2018
- The first person to make it on the list is Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. With the net worth of $131 billion, he owns the world’s largest online shopping retailer platform. On July 2017, it was the first time when he became the world’s wealthiest person, albeit for a very brief period, with a calculated net worth of $90 billion. However, in 2018, he has become the first person to top $100 billion net worth on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires 2018. Founded in 1994, Amazon today has surpassed Walmart and is known to be the second largest employer in the United States.
- The next in line is Bill Gates, founder and CEO at Microsoft with a net worth of $91.7 billion. The company, which was founded in 1975 by Gates, has today completed 43 years with its recent launch in 2015. Bill Gates has been ranked at number 7 on the list of the World’s Most Powerful People.
- On number three is Larry Page, the CEO of Google, world’s biggest search engine. Larry’s net worth is $50.5 billion giving him the 12th position in the list of The Billionaires 2018. Page is also known for his invention of Page Rank, a page used by Google to measure the page of your rank as figured with the help of a search algorithm. He was awarded Marconi Prize in 2004 for his invention.
- Ranked at number 4th in Tech category and 13 in the Forbes overall list, Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder and CEO of Facebook has a net worth of $72.5 billion which took to the sky with the increase in stock price of Facebook. Zuckerberg is not the world’s most powerful people in Tech though, but he is indeed the youngest powerful person in tech.
- Jack Ma ranks at number 21 with a net worth of $41.6 billion. Co-founder at Alibaba Group is one of the richest men in China with the recent upliftment of 56% in their stocks.
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple is ranked at number 24 in the Forbes list. His total net worth is reported to be of $400 million with Apple. Apple is the world’s largest information technology company by revenue, the world’s largest technology company by total assets, and the world’s second-largest mobile phone manufacturer after Samsung.
- The CEO of Tencent Holdings, Ma Huateng, comes next in line. Called one of the world’s most influential people by the Times, he is the richest man in China.
- Russian-American scientist and co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin is ranked at 8th position in the Forbes list of Tech category. President at Alphabet, he is the thirty-fifth richest man in the world with a net worth of $48 billion. He has been awarded the award for one of the top 100 innovators under the age of 35.
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, is said to have received a payment of $18 million in 2016. Ranked at number none in Tech and overall 40 in the Forbes list he has to his credits a stock increase percentage of 15% after his joining as the CEO.
- Last in the top 10 Most Powerful People in the World in Technology space is Robin Li. Robin Li, co-founder of Baidu, one of the biggest search engines, he is known as the Best Leader and is amongst the top 100 innovators of China to be successful at a young page.
Four out of top 5 world’s most powerful people in tech category made their fortune by founding internet companies. The increasing influence and power of the internet in people’s daily life cant be ignored any further. Don’t be surprised to see the next year’s Forbes’ list dominated by internet entrepreneurs largely.