And yet again Forbes is back with its list of The World’s Most Powerful People 2018. Forbes is an American magazine that publishes articles on technology, communications, science, and law, with the highest readership of more than 6 million users.
The list includes people across the world that have made the general population raise their eyes when it came to various fields like Automotive, Economy, Real Estate, and Technology. As of April 2018, the number of active internet users count has reached over 4 billion. With such numbers, we thought why not give our readers a look at the list of the World’s Top 10 Most Powerful People in the Technology Space. In this article, In this article, we will discuss the factors that led to these individuals being included on this list as well as their rankings according to Forbes.
World’s Top 10 Most Powerful People In Tech 2018
- The first person to make it on the list is Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. With a net worth of $131 billion, he owns the world’s largest online shopping retailer platform. In July 2017, it was the first time when he became the world’s wealthiest person, albeit for a very brief period, with a calculated net worth of $90 billion. However, in 2018, he has become the first person to top $100 billion net worth on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires 2018. Founded in 1994, Amazon today has surpassed Walmart and is known to be the second largest employer in the United States.
- The next in line is Bill Gates, founder and CEO of Microsoft with a net worth of $91.7 billion. The company, which was founded in 1975 by Gates, has today completed 43 years with its recent launch in 2015. Bill Gates has been ranked number 7 on the list of the World’s Most Powerful People 2018.
- On number three is Larry Page, the CEO of Google, the world’s biggest search engine. Larry’s net worth is $50.5 billion giving him the 12th position on the list of The Billionaires 2018. Page is also known for his invention of Page Rank, a page used by Google to measure the page of your rank as figured with the help of a search algorithm. He was awarded Marconi Prize in 2004 for his invention.
- Ranked number 4th in the Tech category and 13 on the Forbes overall list, Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder and CEO of Facebook has a net worth of $72.5 billion which took to the sky with the increase in the stock price of Facebook. Zuckerberg is not the world’s most powerful person in tech though, but he is indeed the youngest powerful person in tech.
- Jack Ma stands at number 21 with a net worth of $41.6 billion. Co-founder at Alibaba Group is one of the richest men in China with the recent upliftment of 56% in their stocks.
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple is ranked 24 on the Forbes list. His total net worth is reported to be $400 million with Apple. Apple is the world’s largest information technology company by revenue, the world’s largest technology company by total assets, and the world’s second-largest mobile phone manufacturer after Samsung.
- The CEO of Tencent Holdings, Ma Huateng, comes next in line. Called one of the world’s most influential people by the Times, he is the richest man in China.
- Russian-American scientist and co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin ranked 8th on the Forbes list of Most Powerful People In Tech category. Being President of Alphabet, Inc., he is the thirty-fifth richest man in the world with a net worth of $48 billion. He received recognition for being among the top 100 innovators under the age of 35.
- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, is said to have received a payment of $18 million in 2016. He is listed at number 40 on the Forbes list, and since becoming CEO, his stock has increased by 15%.
- Last in the top 10 Most Powerful People in the World in Technology space is Robin Li. Robin Li, the co-founder of Baidu, one of the biggest search engines, is ranked among the top 100 innovators of China who achieved success at a young age.
Four out of the top 5 world’s most powerful people in tech category made their fortune by founding internet companies. The increasing influence and power of the internet in people’s daily life can’t be ignored any further. Don’t be surprised to see the next year’s Forbes list dominated by internet entrepreneurs largely.