After the phenomenal debut of mix market response received by Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Watch, the market is once again enthralled with speculations and curiosity over the next version of the successor of Apple Watch. If you are an avid reader of Dazeinfo, by now you might have bumped into an article on the rumoured Apple Watch 2, design, features and launch date.
Apple has been coy about official revenues from Apple Watch to remain anonymous to its competitors. Still the Apple’s contentment can be seen in the opening line on the Glance Conference’s official website that reads ‘With more than seven million units sold in its first six months, the Apple watch platform has already grown larger than the iPhone did in its first year’. Glance is the first conference dedicated to the business of Apple Watch held on December 10th, 2015.
After a slow start, the numbers of Apple Watch sales have been staggering. According to the research firm Canalys, Apple has shipped nearly 7 million Watches since the launch, which is more than the shipment figure of other vendors combined in previous five quarters. Apple has a stiff competition with Pebble Time Steel in Q3 2015. And we expect more competition in the coming time as Fossil and Tag Heuer are also gearing up to launch their first smartwatch.
But all is not well for Apple Watch; Taking a detour from its traditional stick-price-strategy, Apple has decided to take a hit on Apple watch revenue to boost its sales. Best Buy is giving Flat $100 discount on all Apple watches this holiday season for some unknown reason. Few industry watchers are considering it as a response to rumors that the tech giant will launch Apple Watch 2 coming spring.
While everything is in the air and there is nothing concrete until we hear from the horse’s mouth, Apple could always surprise us with the specific of Apple Watch 2.0. While we all should give some more time to us before we start believing on the final specification, here are few groundbreaking facts about the Apple Watch, revealed by analysts during the first Glance Conference:
- Apple’s current share in Smartwatch market is 80%.
- 21 million – Projected first-year sales (estimated by ASYMCO’s Horace Dediu).
- 100 million – Projected sales by 2017 (estimated by Creative Strategies’ Ben Bajarin).
- 30% of the Apple Watch owners had naked wrists i.e. they never worn anything before on their wrist except for the Apple’s Watch.
- Priced Gift – 82% of the early Apple Watch owners have given it as a gift.
- A new health instructor – 85% of the Apple Watch owners admit that it has contributed to their health.
- A Gym and an Apple Watch – 27% of the Apple Watch owners say that they have lost weight with the help of this watch.
- Lethargic – 46% of the Apple Watch owners have used their nose as an input device.
- 9 seconds is the average Apple Watch interaction versus 38 seconds on the iPhone.
Apple has made revolutionary products in the past with avant-garde innovations. We all are getting more curious about the next version of the Apple Watch as the debuted Apple Watch has been a milestone for the company and the industry as well.