Although the dimensions of Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) have been expanding gigantically in all the business spheres and its net worth has shown an exponential rise in the past decade, but one realm where it has been superseded by its corporate contemporaries is the domain of culture and values at its workplace. In a recent report published by Glassador, a company review and salary comparison site, it aggregated the list of the top 25 companies to work and culture, and Facebook on this index was awarded the 5th spot with an average rating of 4.3 (out of 5). What is the most surprising is that the “sms of Internet”, Twitter Inc. (NYSE:TWTR) has topped this list, securing 4.5 as the average rating, by beating highly regarded tech giants like Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOGL), Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL). It’s important to understand that the list has been charted out based upon the feedback provided by the employees of the companies itself. For the few of world’s most valuable brands like Apple and Google its highly disappointing to get a sub-standard rating from their employees itself, despite of providing some of the best world’s class office infrastructure and facilities.
Four out of top 5 positions in this lineup were captured by well known tech names with Google clinging the third spot and riverbed occupying the fourth. The only exception amidst these tech giants was Edelman, a leading public relations firm which secured the second position on this agenda.
Company culture is becoming one of the prime priorities for the employees while selecting a firm and henceforth, the employers are also recognizing this fact by luring in great talent by improvising on grounds of corporate values. Justifying this analysis, the top position of Twitter is attributed to the company’s insistence on “open dialogs” and “10 core values” in their Glassador reviews.
The companies to be able to get a spot on this list had to fulfill two criteria which were as follows-
- They should be headquartered in the US.
- Should have received at least 100 culture and value ratings on Glassador over the past 12 months.
Apart from the tech firms, an extensive batch of companies from various sectors made up to this list whilst naming a few-
- Retailers comprising of Nike, P&G and REI.
- Grocers including H-E-B and Wegmans.
- The fast food chain Chick-Fil-A
- Energy provider Chevron.
- Southwest Airlines
- Walt Disney, the American diversified multinational mass media corporation.
- Along with hefty packages, positive company culture has also become an appealing factor to attract the talented lot of candidates.
- Employees desire to work in firms where they feel valued.
- Fearless communication is the key factor favored by the employees within an organization.