About 33% Of B2C and 20% Of B2B Firms Have Generated Revenue From Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]

Brand marketers across the globe have realized the importance of various social media and online marketing techniques. But very few are able to estimate how much to invest or what are the possible returns from a particular investment, or which marketing tactic must be given preference. Nearly 85% of marketers claimed to have learnt latest digital marketing techniques through on-job experience. Marketers are investing hardly 25% of their marketing budget on online marketing and the remaining 75% is being spent on offline marketing.

An infographic by webmarketing depicts possible marketing trends and challenges ahead of marketers in both B2B and B2C sectors in 2014. A few interesting facts and figures are listed below.

  • In the B2B sector, nearly 41% are expected to focus on generating leads, 27% on driving sales and about 17% in improving brand awareness amongst the masses or in the market. Marketers are likely to follow various inbound marketing techniques to generate leads as its costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing methods.
  • In the B2C arena, close to 40% stressed importance on driving sales, 27% on creating awareness and 18% in generating leads. A major share of strategy is likely to be online as a majority of consumers are flocking to various websites, networking sites and other platforms where advertising can be quite rewarding.
  • Currently 75% of the budget invested by marketers is on offline marketing and a mere 25% for online.  About 63% are planning to focus on content and about 50% on outsourcing of search marketing.
  • About 75% plan to spend more on mobile as usage of Smartphone and tablets is on the rise.
  • One out of every five B2B marketers and one in three B2C marketers have generated revenue from social media.
  • Hardly 17% have succeeded in standardizing their returns or ROI from SEO marketing, 12% in case of social marketing and 36% in case of e-mail marketing. Marketers might not want to risk their investment unless the insight of success reports from advertising on a particular ad network is clear.
  • Nearly 84% of respondents had no idea about returns from display ads and 71% had no clue about returns from SEM marketing tactics.
  • About 33% of marketers were clueless about the channel which is likely to generate most revenue and 26% were confused about the highest lead generating channel.
  • Best-in-Class, Synergy, Thought Leadership, Viral, ROI and KPI were the most hated buzzwords by marketers.

Infographic digital marketing 2014

To Top