Social media titan Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ:FB) with over 1.189 billion users has attracted brand marketers worldwide and is a formidable platform which brands can’t ignore. Most of the marketers across the globe are investing heavy marketing budgets on Facebook due to the increasing level of engagement of Facebook users on the site. More than 4.5 billion Likes and 4.75 billion Shares are registered on the site on a daily basis, which makes Facebook one of the most happening social media sites and one of the leading choices for brand marketers.
An Infographic by TopMarketingSchools.net highlighted a few important points about why Facebook users are valuable to marketers.
- Facebook’s user-base according to Q3 earnings report was approximately 1.189 billion users, which is 48.7% more than Q3, 2011 and 18.1% more than Q3, 2012. This massive figure has increased the adoption rates of the platform for marketing and can’t be ignored by brand marketers easily.
- More than 20 billion collective minutes are spent daily on Facebook by users which means on an average per user spends 8.3 monthly hours on Facebook. This signifies that the amount of attachment users have with regards to Facebook.
- Nearly 67% of American internet users and 82% of the U.K users across all age groups use Facebook. In the U.S., the largest age category which does a majority of browsing on Facebook is 18-29 years old (83% of them in the mentioned age group).
- Close to 66% of social media sharing via American mobile users is from Facebook’s iPhone app.
- There are more than 150 billion total friend connections, which is a highly immense factor as users’ brand engagement activities are reflected in their friends’ feed and hence it garners immense visibility.
- More than 250 million users play Facebook games each month (as of March 2013), implying that gamification is one of the possible measures which could prove to be viable for brand marketers.
- As of September 2013, more than 4.75 billion shares are registered per day on Facebook which is an increment by 94% compared to August 2012 statistics of 2.45 billion. People are sharing stories at an unimaginable scale on Facebook and other networking sites.
- Nearly 76% of users login at least once a day (as per April 2013), and on an average, a user likes at least 40 pages (As per August 2013).
- Mobile users of Facebook have increased exponentially Q-O-Q, currently the website hosts 874 million monthly mobile active users, which is 73.5% of overall MAUs. In Q2 2013 the mobile MAUs’ figure was 819 million and in Q1 (2013) it was 751 million.