The micro-blogging specialist, Twitter Inc. (NYSE:TWTR) had a terrific IPO debut, due to extensive buzz surrounding its potential growth in future. Twitter, due its outstanding adaptability to the mobile space and its unique features in terms of tweet, re-tweet can prove to be a potential marketing weapon for brand marketers. Its viral nature can help brands in publicizing their brands to the masses easily. Marketers must focus on studying all possible tricks and tactics of effectively using the micro-blogging site and drive more user engagement to increase sales.
An Infographic by Quicksprout.com has unveiled vital statistics and data points pertaining to the micro-blogging site’s potential in driving user engagement with Twitter brands. Few important points are listed below.
- The micro-blogging site with over 135,000 sign-ups per day has been embraced as a marketing platform by over 75% of businesses.
- Twitter with over 190,000,000 website visitors per month, has more than 33% of its users following at least one brand.
- Active tweeting users post more than 58 million tweets per day and about 79% of the active user-base recommends brands they follow.
- The San Francisco based Twitter, hosts more than 36 million unique visitors per month and records close to 5700 tweets per second.
- Close to 50% of shoppers made a purchase based on recommendations found through social network, 67% of Twitter users are more likely to buy from the brands they follow.
- Saturday and Sunday are the best possible occasions to post tweets as the Re-tweet rate is 0.168 on weekends, highest compared to the rest of the days.
- Twitter recently rolled out visual tweets. Images and video links will now be visible within the tweet itself. This has increased the engagement rate by over 200% for tweets with image links.
- Brand marketers must focus on Tweeting questions as 21% people are more likely to respond to a tweeted question.
- The Re-tweet rate can be as high as 86% for tweets containing links, hence it is vital for marketers to include a link which elaborates the tweeted message in a detailed manner for those who wish to seek more information about the topic.
- The Re-tweet rate is 4X higher for Tweets which requests followers to RT or re-tweet than the ones which do not ask for a RT.
- Offering a brand follower with special promotional deal increases likelihood of driving a sale or purchase by 349%.
- 61% of Twitter brand followers are eager to provide feedback and offer ideas. Hence, it is vital to engage actively with all the tweeps at the earliest. About 74% of followers look for updates related to future products.