Pinterest, the pin board style photo sharing website has revolutionized photo sharing and provides its users a unique way to engage with their favorite brands and discover new ones. Pinterest, with over 70 million users has innovated various ideas like holiday giving guide, related pins, holiday gifts feed and a lot more to make the holiday shopping season even easier for shoppers who are confused with gift selection for their close peers and relatives.
Social sharing is the essence of any social media network. Although, Pinterest user-base is very less, when compared to other social networking sites, the activity or engagement rate by its users is much more significant than any other social media network. More than 80% of content on Pinterest is re-pins, which means users are highly enthusiastic and engage actively on the platform. Pinterest is considered to be sticky as users on the platform are totally addicted and spend hours together browsing for various suggestions, recommendations and shared pins from their friends and others. Top brands like WalMart, Zappos and Disney also showcase their desirable wares in pin board style to attract website visitors.
According to an Infographic by market research firm Lab42 which conducted a survey amongst 500 Pinterest users above the age of 18 in the U.S in November, 59% of respondents have bought something they saw on the Pinterest website during the holiday season. A few interesting facts and figures are listed below
- About 54% of respondents visit the Pinterest website more frequently and 52% of them spend more time on the Pinterest website.
- Nearly 43% of respondents said that they have designated a board for the holidays, 67% of them said that Pinterest could add sub-categories within Holiday and Events to improve the holiday experience.
- DIY and crafts, holidays & events and food & drink were the top 3 categories browsed during the holiday shopping season.
- Close to 66% of Pinterest users are very satisfied with Pinterest’s winter holiday themed ideas. Holiday gifts feed and holiday giving guide has eased the job for most of the buyers.
- About 92% of respondents said Pinterest has made their holiday planning less stressful. Also, 74% of them have shared a holiday idea with friends or family members.
- Nearly 19% of them spend more money during holidays because of Pinterest and 7 in 10 claimed that they feel more connected with their brands on the Pinterest platform.