Majority Of Active Users On Android, iOS And Windows Phone Platforms Use Medium Size Phones !!

Must Read

Google’s Dirty Secret Has Left Android Users In Australia Stunned, Strikes Back!

After going head-to-head with Google to make the search giant agreeing to its Media Bargaining Code, Australia is now...

What Convinced Apple Inc. (AAPL) And Google Inc. (GOOG) To Kill All Long Hauled Patent Litigation Cases ?

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) founder Steve Jobs had famously declared that he would unleash “thermonuclear war” against Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG). The battle against Google...

Apple Has Finally Found The Right Partners To Launch Apple Cars By 2025

Rumours of a possible Apple Car in the making has been doing rounds for quite some time. But so...

Windows Phone platform has gradually been gaining market share in smartphone segment, while on the other side, there’s no any sign of downfall in Android’s market share growth. Undoubtedly, proportion of smart connected devices today has reached to a distinct level, and this time, fragmentation of hardware (based on form factor) has become one of the major concerns for both developers as well as consumers.

Active users On Android, Windows Phone And iOS platforms Prefer Most to Medium Size Phones

Thanks to Flurry, an app analytic firm having global presence on 1 billion mobile devices, which has endeavored to find out users preference, related to hardware form factor.  As per Flurry’s latest survey, it has been noticed that people mostly prefer to use apps on medium sized smartphones, including Samsung’s Galaxy lineup, and full sized device like the iPads. For achieving the conclusion, the analytic firm tracked top 200 device models in its database, claiming 80% of all usages.

The firm categorizes all mobile devices into five groups; small phones (under 3.5″ inch screen size), medium phones (3.5-4.9 inch), Phablets (5.0-6.9 inches), small tablets (7.0 to 8.4 inches) and full-size tablets (8.5-inch or greater screens).

Advertisements

windows phone Android and iOS active users

 

Why Do Marketers And App Developers Need To Focus On Medium Size Phones?

Majority of ‘Device models’ currently come under medium size, ranging from 3.5-inch to 4.9-inch, followed by small phones with 16% of share. Besides, the proportion of active users and sessions are also higher on medium size phones, compare to other form factors.  In simple words, medium size phones dominate in all sections (device models, active users and sessions) over other form factors featuring phones.

phones used on Android Windows Phones iOS platform

Furthermore, active number of users on different platforms, including Android, iOS and Windows Phone, prefer more to medium size phones, than phones with other form factors. Interestingly, 100% active users on Windows Phone platform use medium size phones. In the contrary, majority of users (70%) on BlackBerry platform use small size phones; remaining 30% use medium size phones.

time spend on Android iOS and Windows phone devices

Indeed, it’s important to know the distribution of time spent by form factor. It’s pretty much clear from the above graph that medium size phones owners are more likely to use their devices for playing games, reading Books and Video viewing, than other form factor users. More importantly, 85% of medium size phone users use to spend their times on watching videos, followed by 83% and 64% of users those use to spend their time on reading books and playing games respectively.

In last, it’s really important for mobile marketers and app developers to focus more on medium size phones than other phone sizes, as majority of users are currently stuck with medium form factor. It’s true, at present, majority of high-end smartphone manufacturer are focusing to build 5-inch or bigger smartphones, but they should know that a significant number of users are still using medium size phones.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Advertisements

Latest News

Keep Your Aadhaar Card Locked: UIDAI Takes A Measure To Prevent Adhaar Fraud!

At a time when data breaches have become way too frequent, the Unique Identification Authority of India, aka UIDAI,...

In-Depth: Dprime

Will ‘TikTok By Microsoft’ Be A Winner?

For the last two years, TikTok has been in the public eye for all sorts of reasons. First, it was the exploded and unparalleled...

Facebook Subscription Model: Looking Beyond Ad Dollars?

Seldom do job listings create a stir this gripping. However, when the job listing in question is a stealth post from Twitter, with a...

Will The Online Food Delivery Market in India End Up Becoming A Two-Horse Race?

It's pretty much evident that the food delivery space in India is all set to get riled up soon enough as one of the...

More Articles Like This