Facebook Exchange Accounts For 63% Of Retargeting Impressions [Study]

Must Read

FBX or Facebook Exchange is another media exchange like GDN, AdMeld, RightMedia etc., and an open marketplace where display media ads are bought and sold using RTB (Real Time Bidding).

Facebook is continually working on many features which helps advertisers to improve their business on this platform. Recently, Facebook had launched a new conversion measurement optimization system for direct response marketers to help them measure the ROI of their Facebook Ads. The conversion tool was specifically designed for direct response marketers.

Facebook Exchange (FBX) was debuted in 2012, and in just six month period it has nearly 700 advertisers who run ads on FBX – currently supports more than 1300 advertisers. And, more than half of the 1,300 are currently on exchange. Advertisers embrace it as this is a performance oriented. Also, with the time its becoming an essential part of comprehensive retargeting campaign.

Advertisements

And, this is the first time where a real-time bidding platform allows advertisers to buy and serve retargeted impressions on Facebook. For example, when a user clicks on a product on a retailer’s website but doesn’t purchase, FBX can display an ad for that product on the user’s social network page.

AdRoll a retargeting company which is collaborated with FBX had conducted a study at the ending of last year, 2012. The study was conducted to observe the performance of advertisers on this platform by running both online display and FBX retargeting campaigns.

Few interesting insights from the study:

  • Brands are pushing their campaigns to social networking sites, the study emphasized that Facebook was taking considerable percentage of retargeted impressions.
  • Facebook accounted for over 66% of retargeted impressions in December 2012, which is a significant rise from 3% in August 2012.

Retargeting impressions_Facebook_

  • AdRoll highlights that Facebook accounts for more than one fourth of display impressions across the web
  • Also, as of December, Facebook gained 45% of total retargeted clicks. Other online display retargeting campaigns received the remaining 55% of clicks, despite accounting for only 37% of impressions though.

Retargeting clicks_Facebook

  • The CTR for FBX ads was 40% lower than for traditional web retargeting ads. And the price per unique click did even better on the web, costing 80% less than on Facebook.
  • Interestingly, Cost per impression (CPM) and cost per click (CPC) were both significantly lower on Facebook, -82% and -70% respectively.

Throughout the study it was found that web retargeting and Facebook Exchange have their own strengths and are augmented to one another. In addition, advertisers can maximize their return on investment (ROI) by leveraging on both the platforms for retargeting campaigns. On the other hand just leveraging on one platform is mostly like leaving money on the table.

Click on the link for elaborated study on ROI for this year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Advertisements

Latest News

Ajit Doval Bears Down On Digital Payment Platforms in India

The grass really isn’t always greener on the other side. With the hoopla and convenience that Digital...

Facebook Spying On Instagram Users Through Camera: Claims A Recent Lawsuit

When it comes to privacy, the Mark Zuckerberg led social media behemoth Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) always manages to land itself in...

US Bans TikTok And WeChat: Oracle Deal Fails To Excite Trump

Amidst all the news about TikTok's proposed IPO in the US and Oracle deal, this news is no less than a surprise....

TikTok IPO In US: The Injection Of Trust To Clinch Trump’s Confidence?

What started with the ban on TikTok could end with TikTok IPO in the US. TikTok is leaving no...

White Collar Employees Suffer The Worst: 6.6 Million Jobs Lost in India During May-August

When the coronavirus spread all over the world rapidly, apart from record death tolls, the other significant damage it did was to...

Apple Online Store In India Is A Kind Of Big Deal

After all rumours, speculations, debates and discussions online, as well as offline, Apple store in India is finally becoming a reality now....

In-Depth: Dprime

Will ‘TikTok By Microsoft’ Be A Winner?

For the last two years, TikTok has been in the public eye for all sorts of reasons. First, it was the exploded...

Facebook Subscription Model: Looking Beyond Ad Dollars?

Seldom do job listings create a stir this gripping. However, when the job listing in question is a stealth post from Twitter,...

Will The Online Food Delivery Market in India End Up Becoming A Two-Horse Race?

It's pretty much evident that the food delivery space in India is all set to get riled up soon enough as one...

More Articles Like This