Social media has developed a new edge to engage with customers. If your still planning to set goals for your company this year you have ended up in a right place.
An interesting infographic from NetBase and J.D. Power and Associates says that, some consumers want brands to stay far away from their online conversations. It give away few tools which come in handy when you’re trying to determine whether to respond to customers’ conversations on social media.
Few insights from the graph:
- 43% of consumers think brands who listen to conversations on social media are disturbing their privacy.
- 51% want to talk about companies on social media without them listening in.
- 42% of consumers expect companies to respond to positive comments.
- 58% of them want companies to respond to complaints.
- only 64% of the respondents want companies to respond when spoken to.
- Consumers seem to expect brands to read their minds.
- Brands should don’t just listen to conversations but also understand them.
- Consider the context of the posts and engage with the intention of delivering value to both the company and the customer.
Take a look at the graphic for more: