It was due for long and finally it’s done now; Facebook has crossed 1 Billion monthly active users milestone, Co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed today in a U.S. TV interview show. Though, the company touched this milestone on 14 September itself, it has been officially said only today.
Last time Facebook revealed the figure of 955 million active users during its second quarter earnings report in June and it was just a matter of time for Facebook to reach the much awaited and appreciable milestone – something which has never been done by any online or offline network in history.
Facebook also revealed many more astounding facts & figures attached to Zuckerberg News post:
- Facebook has recorded more than 1.13 Trillion Likes since the launch of the feature in February 2009
- The social giant serves to 140.3 billion friend connections. That means on an average each user has 140 friends in his network.
- Since the launch of Photo upload feature in 2005 fall, 219 billion photos have been uploaded. However, this figure doesn’t hold the number of photos that have already been deleted. Including both, the actual photo uploads reach to 265 billion.
- In one years of the launch, music-listening applications have played 62.6 million songs for 22 billion times – its equal to 210,000 years of music.
- The median age of Facebook user is about 22 years. Tis certifies the claim that young generation is more active but elderly generation is driving true business.
- U.S. Brazil, India, Indonesia and Mexico were the top five countries with maximum number of users when Facebook reached 1 billion users mark last month.
- More than 600 million users are now accessing Facebook through their mobile.
Interestingly, Facebook has also hired a new agency for global records known as “Wieden & Kennedy”. The first effort of the agency is already out on Facebook home page ( you need to logout and go to home page) titled as “The Things That Connects Us”.