Apple And Google Combined Will Account For 98% Mobile Market Share In 2012: [Report]

Must Read

What is the Value of Auditing a Marketing Campaign?

As a general rule, reviewing business best practices is not considered an exciting task. Rather, most business leaders would...

Apple Has Finally Found The Right Partners To Launch Apple Cars By 2025

Rumours of a possible Apple Car in the making has been doing rounds for quite some time. But so...

After Facebook And LinkedIn, Clubhouse Suffers A Data Breach!

After Facebook and LinkedIn's massive data leaks, now another data breach is making the rounds on the news! According to...

Apple has reached to all time highest in terms of market valuation and today, its stock market share is almost to touch $700 figure. On the other side, Google has already registered $700 stock share value. It’s really very tough to say that which one (either Apple or Google) is better in technology arena. Just a few days before, a market research firm–Global Equity Research–predicted that Apple and Google combined would capture 98% of mobile market sales by the end of 2012.  Definitely, RIM, Nokia and Microsoft will have to struggle for remaining 2% of total market share.

The firm formulated its prediction on the basis of developers insights about how they view the mobile marketplace.  Just a month before, I described how app developers were more likely to work on iOS platform for creating enterprise mobile apps than Android; more than half (53.2%) developers voted for iOS, while 37.3 % polled for Android. Till the end of Q2 2012, just 6% developers preferred to create apps for Windows Platform, followed by 2% and 1% those were willing to create enterprise apps on BlackBerry and WebOS platforms respectively.

Global Equity Research reveals that about 90% of app developers today are creating their apps for both Android and Apple App Stores. However, It does not mean that Microsoft, RIM and Nokia are going to dead; Microsoft has boastingly reported to publish over 100,000 apps on its Windows Phone Marketplace. It’s also pretty-known that Microsoft makes money on every Android device.

Advertisements

Till the end of Q2 2012, Android OS dominated with 68.1% market share in terms of smartphone shipments, up from 46.9% in the same quarter of the last year. On the other side, the holds of Apple flyaway in Q2 of this year and it succeeded to manage just 16.9% market share in terms of smartphone sales, down 1.9% compare to Q2 of 2011.

During a year period (Q2 2011 to Q2 2012), the shipments of BlackBerry and Symbian devices dropped by 40.9% and 62.9% respectively, while Microsoft’s Windows Phone/Windows mobile recorded 115.3% growth in the smartphone shipments during the same period.

On the contrary, Apple unilaterally dominated over other vendors in Q2 2012 with 68.2 % market share in terms of Tablet shipments, up from 61.5% market share in the same quarter a year back. Samsung succeeded to manage second notch with just 9.6% of market share in Tablet segment in Q2 of this year, followed by Amazon, Asus and Acer with 5.0%, 3.4% and 1.5% market share respectively.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Advertisements

Latest News

Flipkart Acquires 100% Stake In Cleartrip To Diversify Its Offerings!

In a bid to increase the diversification of its offerings, Flipkart is all set to acquire a 100% stake...

In-Depth: Dprime

Will ‘TikTok By Microsoft’ Be A Winner?

For the last two years, TikTok has been in the public eye for all sorts of reasons. First, it was the exploded and unparalleled...

Facebook Subscription Model: Looking Beyond Ad Dollars?

Seldom do job listings create a stir this gripping. However, when the job listing in question is a stealth post from Twitter, with a...

Will The Online Food Delivery Market in India End Up Becoming A Two-Horse Race?

It's pretty much evident that the food delivery space in India is all set to get riled up soon enough as one of the...

More Articles Like This