As the technology is heading towards supremacy, users are demanding ultimate performance from their resources. Therefore, cloud computing is emerging as the best answer by satisfying accessibility, investment and cross-platform integration channels. Education sector is no exception of this and universities and colleges across the world are turning towards Cloud computing rather than accepting heavy bills of in-house software and recurring maintenance month over month.
Understanding the trend, most of the tech giants like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, IBM, Adobe has jumped into the band-wagon by launching their app suits for educators powered by cloud computing.
The latest infographic from OnlineColleges reveals that how education sector is welcoming the cloud force. This also highlights the advantages and pitfalls of adopting cloud computing environment in colleges and universities. Interestingly, the explosive growth of mobile sector has benefited cloud computing significantly as users can easily gel their two different environments.
Here are few highlights of the infographic:
- Majority of colleges and universities are still under the planning phase of cloud computing implementation.
- Google Docs is the most preferred application suite in schools.
- In paid environment, Microsoft 365 is the lowest cost cloud suite for schools and colleges.
- As Cloud app suite reduces the initial investment by colleges and schools, 72% of users managed to lower this cost.
- However, there is no break even in this model as cloud computing is completely based upon recurring model and pay-as-you-grow.