Twitter has emerged as the most effective, responsive and preferred social media network for Fortune 100 companies, beating Facebook by 92% response and mentions’ margin.
Companies are really working hard to tighten their grip over social media. Especially after the latest Google Algo remap ( Panda Updates) – which has significantly screwed up marketing and advertisement strategy for many – social media is being considered as an answer of Google search for organic traffic for promotion and advertisement.
Versatile set of campaigns, running over social media, are being tried and tested by marketers to keep their clients afloat over web with business. And, the success of fortune 100 companies over social media has become the point of reference for such marketers who closely monitor the campaigns of these companies only to replicate and generate the enormous response for own clients.
So, how far these fortune 100 companies have been successful in their efforts ? The latest report “State of Fortune 500 companies over social media” answers this question. Besides, the latest facts and figures of social media, the report also contains the comparative analysis of Fortune 100 companies social activities and campaigns in last 3 years – which is definitely an important case study for emerging marketers.
The report consists of their activities and campaigns over Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Blogs and Google+ and showcases the growth and how fortune 100 companies are using various network to ensure the optimum exposure.
Though, the whole report is available in presentation format ( embedded below), here are few important highlights of the report:
- Twitter is the most effective social media network of Fortune 100 companies – 82% use Twitter
- More than 10 Million of mentions each month have been recorded related to fortune 100 companies
- Each of Fortune 100 companies has avg 150,000 Likes on Facebook – increase by 275% since 2010
- Each corporate YouTube channel of Fortune 100 companies has avg 1,669 subscribers.
- Around 70% of corporate Facebook pages belong to Fortune 100 companies are responding to comment and feedback actively.
- Fortune 100 companies have created Geo-Targeted multiple social network accounts to address large community with connected content and time zone.
- On Facebook and Twitter, Each Fortune 100 companies are maintaining avg 10 different accounts.
- YouTube has witnessed 200% surge in number of channels created by Fortune 100 companies in last one year.
- Nearly half of companies are also available on Google+
- Close to 25% of companies are having Pinterst account.
- Multi Language trend in Europe is the biggest challenge for companies/brands to handle over social media.
- Asia-Pacific companies use other online channels too in order to leverage over online community.
Here is the detail presentation of “Social Media Stats 2012 Of Fortune 100”.