Yes, it may sound little strange or probably few of you mind think of this as another promotional trick or marketing act but, I am sorry folks, it’s none of it. You can very much own servers (yes multiple ones) of your choice for a year – without shelling out a single penny. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is trying to hook people by offering its EC2 free tier servers for an year.
The effort is all about making people experienced about the premium service offered by AWS and once user is satisfied with the yearlong relationship – as far as he limits himself under the freebies – then only he need to reach to his pocket.
Checkout below what is there you can grab free for a whole long year –
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Linux Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of Amazon EC2 Microsoft Windows Server Micro Instance usage (613 MB of memory and 32-bit and 64-bit platform support) – enough hours to run continuously each month*
- 750 hours of an Elastic Load Balancer plus 15 GB data processing*
- 30 GB of Amazon Elastic Block Storage, plus 2 million I/Os and 1 GB of snapshot storage*
- 5 GB of Amazon S3 standard storage, 20,000 Get Requests, and 2,000 Put Requests*
- 100 MB of storage, 5 units of write capacity, and 10 units of read capacity for Amazon DynamoDB.**
- 15 GB of bandwidth out aggregated across all AWS services*
- 25 Amazon SimpleDB Machine Hours and 1 GB of Storage**
- 100,000 Requests of Amazon Simple Queue Service**
- 100,000 Requests, 100,000 HTTP notifications and 1,000 email notifications for Amazon Simple Notification Service**
- 10 Amazon Cloudwatch metrics, 10 alarms, and 1,000,000 API requests**
Though, there are few fine lines (pay attention to ‘stars’ at the end of each line) but this is something which can be lived upon with.
Convinced! What to grab one? You can sign up here but before doing so, just a last one important note: The sign up process is not that traditional form filling act here. You need to surrender your credit card information – no charges, don’t you worry – followed by a telephonic verification call. And, if you are through with both, then you can have you server up and running in less than 60 minutes.
I know, many of you feel above signup process little upsetting but nothing in this world comes free and if its is – it demands some effort !
SDB Explorer has been made as an industry leading graphical user interface (GUI) to explore Amazon SimpleDB service. SDBExplorer uses Multithreaded BatchPutAttributes to achieve high write throughput while uploading bulk data to Amazon SimpleDB.
SDB Explorer allows multiple parallel uploads. If you have the bandwidth, you can take full advantage of that bandwidth by running number of BatchPutAttributes processes at once in parallel queue that will reduce the time spend in processing.