LG , a major electronics manufacturing company , has started rolling out the gingerbread update for their LG optimus black smartphone. LG is striving hard to release the updates for their smartphones in time as LG assimilated from the fact that companies who delivered the OS updates to their consumers in time also performed well and their sales improved a lot. However,people from India and Europe only had reported of recieving Gingerbread update for their devices. Though LG Black is getting gingerbread update but its the 2.3.4 version whereas the latest version is 2.3.7.
Some of the main features of the Gingerbread update released by LG for Optimus Black are given below :
- Enhanced power management system
- Improved mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- More fluid Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
LG has already announced that its Optimus Black will be getting Android 4.0 ICS update later which is really appreciable on its part as Samsung has already denied updating Galaxy S which has almost same specification as that of Optimus Black. Both of the handsets feature single core 1 GHz Cortex A8 prcessor and 512 MB RAM though Galaxy S has better PowerVR SGX540 GPU than PowerVR 530 of Optimus Black but then too LG managed to announce the ICS update for Optimus Black. Lets see when LG rolls out Android 4.0 update also for Optimus Black just like 2.3.4 update.