If you think that Social Media is the place only to connect with people then you must pay attention to this analysis. The impact of social media over the people is so effective that they have inherited it in their daily life. The buying process, decision-making process, travel planning process and almost every activity of daily life has been influenced by social media.
The latest report from Nielson – State of the Media: The Social Media Report – analyses trends and consumption patterns across social media platforms in many countries. The study explores the rising influence of social media on consumer behavior.
Few major key-findings of the reports are:
- Social Media and the Blogs are the major attraction among Internet users these days.
- Females are the ones who are more active over social media.
- Men still maintain their professional approach over social media by visiting more over LinkedIn and Wikipedia.
- Social Media is slowly going on mobile way. Mobile users are the fastest growing segment of social media.
- Social Networking apps are among the Top 3 downloaded apps by Smartphone users.
- People who are quite active over social media are more influential offline.