Finally, Facebook has trailed Google to launch Video chat facility for 750 million users. Video Chat feature on Facebook is powered by Skype and both the companies have claimed to work on this project for months. Not sure whether such statement is just an effort to play down “Google+ influence speculations” over Facebook video chat or they have really swept their body oils for months.
Anyways, Facebook Video chat is a reality now and ultimately the end user have emerged as real king who is being benefited out of two ‘big cats’ dominance fight.
“A few months ago, we started working with Skype to bring video calling to Facebook,” Facebook announced on its blog. “We built it right into chat, so all your conversations start from the same place. To call your friend, just click the video call button at the top of your chat window.”
Though, the roll-out of Facebook video calling will follow the traditional process of weeks but there are many users who are already using video chat facility. If you are among those who are getting “video icon” on top right corner of the chat window then you already have video chat facility activated on your profile or else there are few steps, following to which you can integrate video chat facility in your Facebook profile instantly.
- Visit Facebook Video Calling page.
- Click on Get “Started button” placed at the middle of the page.
- This will check your camera and microphone setup.
- A setup file – .exe – for “Facebook video chat pluggin” will start downloading on your system.
- Once download gets finished, double click and install the pluggin.
- Refresh the Facebook window.
- Select any one of your friends with whom you want to Video chat.
- See the “camera” icon on right of chat window and click to start.
You are done……
Taking a step further, Facebook has also integrated offline video messaging feature if you friend is not online or not responding. You can record your video clip and send to him along with your text message.[poll id=”10″]