Indeed, it’s an enormous achievement for Hotmail (as well as for Microsoft) that has just turned “15” on July 4th with firm title of “industry leader” for an era of email. In today’s scenario when technology is shaping out in an advance form with every passing day and it has become difficult for any product/service to stay afloat in the market for very long time, it’s a laudable performance by Hotmail.
What is more impressive; despite of stiff competition from Yahoo and Gmail, Hotmail is still the largest webmail provider in the world. Though, it had to have multiple “make-over” and “technological enhancements” in last so many years, the charm and users’ confidence is still remain intact which is driving it at top position.
To celebrate “Hotmail” accomplishments in last 15 years, Microsoft has got its own way. Company has decided to make people aware about the 15 insanely cool milestones Hotmail has achieved in many years. Couple of facts were so commendable that it has been proclaimed multiple time and , probably, you may be aware off. However, an overall list of 15 most notable milestone allures people to learn more:
- Hotmail in 2011 is not Hotmail in 2005 (or Hotmail in 2010, for that matter.)
- Hotmail is really, really fast – 10-20x faster than last year, and even faster than Gmail in certain areas.
- Hotmail filters out more than 98% of spam – 5.5 billion messages a day.
- Hotmail works great on your smartphone, (Windows Phone especially but iOS and many other smartphones too) – syncing email, calendar, and contacts.
- You can chat with your Facebook friends right from Hotmail.
- Watch videos linked from YouTube, Hulu, and many other services right from within your email message.
- Like conversation view? We’ve got it. Hate it? It’s easy to disable.
- You can import your current account and continue to use the address while Hotmail manages your inbox (Gmail, Y! Plus, AOL.)
- “Sweep” allows you to filter hundreds of messages from multiple senders with only a few clicks
- Get unread email notifications on your Windows 7 taskbar by pinning with IE9.
- Why worry about low attachment limits when sending photos? SkyDrive support lets you send hundreds of photos per mail.
- Hotmail utilizes Office Web Apps for easy document editing and sharing – don’t settle for lesser software.
- Use Netflix? Hotmail ActiveViews let you get more done in your inbox with interactive email from a number of partners.
- We’re the largest free email service on the planet – with 360 million unique users per month.
- We’re 15 years old – and the best is yet to come.