The frequency of posting any news, data or information over social network like Twitter and Facebook has always been a debatable topic. Infact couple of times earlier we have addressed such issues and posted guidelines for our readers to get the maximum exposure without harming their own or brand’s online reputation.
This latest infographic from KISSmetrics uses data to determine few of the best practices which can pull the maximum attention to your words from your network. By the help of this infographic you tweak your social channels and activities over it to get the optimum results for your online activities.
Though, the data is U.S. centric but focus few interesting take-aways. If you are on “Twitterholic” then these are for you:
- The Eastern and Central timezones combined represent almost 80% of the US population
- About 6% of all retweets on Twitter occur at 5pm ET
- You’ll get a better click-through rate if you tweet 1-4 times per hour, midweek or on weekends, either at noon or 6pm ET
However, if you feel to stay engaged beyond 140 characters limit then you need to remember these on Facebook:
- Saturday is the best day to share content
- Noon is the optimum time
- 0.5 posts per day is the best sharing frequency
The details infographic after this break; (Click to Enlarge)
I know, many of you will have different sets of opinion about the “best timings to use social channels”. However, I would like to request to our readers to express their experience using the comment section. Surely, your 2 minutes and few lines below will help many of us to do “smart” use of such channels.