In many ways, fitness is synonymous to health. Fitness refers to a person’s capacity to adapt favourably and take stress brought about by changing circumstances. If you’re physically fit, then no matter how bad the situation is, your mind or body will not be disturbed in any way. As you can see, fitness is not only about physical strength but of mental stability as well. Modern life demands that all individuals should stay fit in order to keep up with the wild pace.
Modern living requires good health and to achieve such state, a person must stay fit. Health and fitness are interrelated. When a person is fit, then that person is considered healthy; and if a person is healthy, his or her fitness level naturally goes up.
Here are 10 basic steps which can be suitable & effective in general to stay healthy & fit :
1. Limit caffeine. Also, avoid smoking or exposure to even passive smoking. Too much smoking tends to weaken your muscle strength. Also, avoid regular intake of alcohol.
2. Avoid sugar and mix fruits with your high-fiber cereal. Fibrous cereals like whole wheat aren’t very tasty. The best way to sweeten and give them life is by adding fruits to your cereal bowl. Add fruits like apples, oranges or strawberries; do this instead of adding sugar to your bowl.
3. Any kind of fluid intake on a regular basis is a must. Drink lots and lots of water.
4. Dairy products which are low fat is better than no dairy at all. Studies show that people who followed a high dairy diet lost more belly fat than those who skipped dairy altogether. Scientists speculate that this was because of dairy’s capability to release fat-burning mechanisms when digested. So never skip dairy when dieting.
5. Vegetarianism should be practiced responsibly. Many people think that once they go vegetarian, they’ll be healthier. This is only true if you are responsible with your diet. Even as a vegetarian, make sure that your diet is complete with all the necessary nutrients your body needs like protein and calcium.
6. Reduce your stress levels. De-stressing is a great way to lose weight. How can you destress? Well, find your passion, something that makes you feel happy & gives you peace! A lot of people cope with stress by eating. Stressed people also have lower metabolism as their bodies do not function normally. De-stress yourself by going on a vacation or getting a massage,if you enjoy doing that; you’ll metabolize better this way.
7. If you are not too keen on hitting a gym & working out on a regular basis, you can always try out yoga. Yoga is one of the best ways to de-stress and fortify your body. Yoga is a low intensity exercise program that focuses on internal balance, body fortification and spiritual healing. If you do yoga regularly, you will get a stronger body, better organ functioning and peace of mind.
8. Meditate or do pranayam to help your mind relax. Your mind is the epicenter of your body. If your mind is too stressed, you’ll end up having half-baked outputs, or worse, your body might give up on you. It is very important to clear your mind every now and then to help it relax.
9. Drink honey & lemon in lukewarm water if you want to reduce weight.This has to be done preferably in the early morning when the stomach is empty. Also, you can try out some Amla juice which is very good for healthy hair.
10. Do not skip breakfasts. Avoid eating very late at night . And always try to manage a minimum of 6-8 hours of good sleep.
To conclude, do not take your health for granted. Fitness and health are a privilege and you should take care to maintain them. One should be wise in spending one’s precious life !!