If you check e-mail first, the company said, you tend to be more task-oriented and only interact with brands online when you need something, such as researching a deal, getting information about promotions or finding new product information.
However, if start your day with a visit to Facebook, you might welcome “extracurricular” content from brands, such as interaction and entertainment that isn’t directly related to a purchase or business transaction.
The study was based on U.S. people tendency and daily habits. That’s not all the study explored:
- More than 50% of U.S. online consumers check their e-mail before visiting other websites when they start the day.
- Facebook is the first destination for 11% of U.S. online consumers.
- Of daily Facebook users, 69% “Like” at least one company or brand.
- 68% of daily Twitter users follow at least one brand on the service.
- 43% of all American Internet users are either fans or followers of at least one brand on Twitter or Facebook
Scenario may not be the same like U.S. but its pretty much heading towards the same. More and more people are using the Facebook in India. Aged between 18 – 28 are the ones who be active for longest hours on Facebook. Internet Cafes’ are reviving again because of social networking bug. Recently many celebrities are also being a part of another social networking site named Twitter.
Have a look on U.S. market trend in a graphical view to understand better :
In India trend may be different as people are more focused about their job and always believed to be one of the most decent & serious about their job and earnings. So, which kind of Internet user are you: The kind who prefers email and just-the-facts interactions with companies, or the social media-happy brand fan? Or do you find yourself somewhere in between? Let’s understand the mindset of Indian people by participating in following poll :