I am monitoring this issue from the point Sachin R Tendulkar logged into Twitter. from that point of time, Tendulkar may not have twitt very aggressively but his fan followers have shown overwhelming commitment towards him, no matter whether in on the field or Internet arena. Just in less than 72 hours, Tendulkar is pretty close to cross the dynamic following number of 200,000.
At the time, I am writing this, he has already crossed 184,200 fan followers over the Twitter (As on 7 May 2010 : 11:50 A.M.). It shows that aprox 3000 fan followers are getting added to his fame fan club on twitter every hour…..Wow….it’s mazing…I have never seen such popularity of any human being till date. Does it mean that Tendulkar a real Hero and a record holder, no matter what ground and which place ?
If i roll back with my mind few month back, scenario was not the same. It was a time when some of the biggest brands like Pepsi, MRF and few more avoided his contract which was pending for renewal. Most of the people started saying that Sachin should retire but it was his zeal and mammoth personality which made him larger than life and God the Cricket !!! Now its proving that God of Cricket is gradually becoming the God of Millenium like BigB who got acclaimed as Star of Millenium.
Most interestingly, Sachin has a world record of holding maximum number of World records.”
Some amazing facts about Sachin Tendulkar:
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 46
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches in the ODI’s
5. Most number of man of the series in ODI’s
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI’s
7. First Cricketer to pass 13000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 17000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI’s 93
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI’s 442
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100’s in test’s 47.
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor. May Soon get Bharat Ratna.
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI’s 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI’s most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the “Greatest Sportsman” of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named “Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 75 centuries in international cricket:93 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 7 May 2010 he had accumulated more than 31,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches – a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 200+ innings of 50+ runs (as of 7th May, 2010)
45. the only player ever to cross the 13,000-14,000, 15,000, 16,000 and 17,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Highest individual score among Indian batsmen in ODI (200*).
47. The score of 200* is listed the first highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 95 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar’s record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs – 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara’s (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is second on the list of players with most Test caps (166). Only Steve Waugh (168 Tests) has appeared in more games than Tendulkar.
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(166) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 31,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar’s 31,055 runs in international cricket include 17,598 runs in ODI’s, 13,447 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar’s record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 17000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket
Tendular Twitter : www.twitter.com/sachin_rt